Author Packages for Publishing with the AMS
The AMS Author Packages were designed to be used with an existing TeX system. You must have the following installed:
Authors may choose and retrieve an author package for any of the following types of publications:
Editors of Collections or proceedings volumes: Use the AMS Editor's Package to help prepare front and end matter in a standard format and deliver the material to the AMS.
The author package for each publication contains:
- a README file (read this first)
- topmatter templates
- style files
- the AMS Author Handbook (available separately as a PDF file)
- an Instructions manual (available separately as a PDF file for AMS-LaTeX or AMS-TeX)
- guidelines for creating graphics (available separately as a PDF file)
- supplementary instructions
NOTE: If you are installing both LaTeX and AMS-TeX packages, install them in separate directories. They may contain identical filenames which will overwrite one another if they are in the same directory.