AMS Graduate Student Chapters
AMS Graduate Student Chapters are designed to generate interest in the mathematical sciences and encourage students in their mathematical pursuits by providing them with new opportunities and experiences. How to start your chapter.
- Share ideas with fellow students and faculty
- Make contacts with students and faculty at their own and at other institutions
- Interact with more established mathematicians
- Hone job skills and discover career opportunities
- Sponsor social functions for the mathematical community
- Find assistance for attending AMS meetings
- Your existing club can become an AMS Student Chapter
Chapters Celebrating Epic Pi Day on 3/14/15. Submit a photo of your Student Chapter event via email.
The AMS provides $500 annually for Student Chapter mathematical activities. Details on how to start your Chapter.
Benefits of Student Chapters:
- Receive up to $500 per year to support guest speakers, refreshments for meetings, and other Chapter interests.
- Have Student Chapter activities featured on the AMS website and various social media channels, and possibly in the Notices of the AMS.
- Schedule events at AMS Sectional and National meetings.
Current AMS Graduate Student Chapters:
- Arizona State University
- Baylor University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brown University
- Bryn Mawr College
- California State University, San Marcos
- Central Michigan University
- Clemson University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indiana
- Kansas State University
- North Carolina State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Purdue University
- Rutgers University
- Sam Houston State University
- SUNY New Paltz
- Syracuse University
- Texas A&M University
- Tufts University
- University at Albany
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of California, Riverside
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- University of Georgia
- University of Houston
- University of Kansas
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Miami
- University of Minnesota
- University of Mississippi
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of New Orleans
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Washington State University
- Wesleyan University
- Western Kentucky University
- Williams College
How to Start a Student Chapter
(click for infographic):
back to top
For further information, contact Jenny Phothisarath.
Click here for information on donating to AMS Student Chapters.