Waldemar J. Trjitzinsky Memorial Awards
The Society received a bequest from the estate of Waldemar J., Barbara G., and Juliet Trjitzinsky, the income from which is used to assist students who have declared a major in mathematics at a college or university that is an institutional member of the AMS. These funds help support students who lack adequate financial resources and who may be in danger of not completing the degree program in mathematics for financial reasons.
Each year the Society selects a number of geographically distributed schools who in turn make one-time awards to beginning mathematical students to assist them in pursuit of careers in mathematics.
The amount of each scholarship is currently US$3,000, and the number of scholarships awarded each year varies.
Most Recent Awards: 2016
- Terence Coelho - Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- Renee Adonteng - Virginia Commonwealth University
- Breana Kechelle Leach - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Seth Erik Emblem - Texas Christian University
- Madison C. DuPont - University of North Texas
- Andrew D. Coleman - Colorado State University at Pueblo
- Edwin Garcia - San Francisco State University
View our prizes and awards archive for more past prize winners.
Photo courtesy of the Department of Mathematics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.