AMS Sectional Meeting Invited Addresses
Current as of Saturday, May 6, 2006 00:24:08
Special Event or Lecture |
2006 Spring Western Section Meeting
San Francisco, CA, April 29-30, 2006 (Saturday - Sunday)
Associate secretaries: Michel L Lapidus
, AMS email@example.com
Links to abstracts will be available approximately one
week (for sectional meetings) to four weeks (for national
meetings) after the abstracts deadline.
- L. Chayes, UCLA Department of Mathematics, Mean-Field Approach to the Problem of Phase Transitions in Physically Realistic Systems.
- C. Robin Graham, University of Washington, Ambient metrics, jet isomorphism and parabolic invariant theory in conformal geometry.
- Vadim Kaloshin, Caltech and PSU, Nonlocal instabilities in the planar three body problem.
- Benoit B. Mandelbrot, Yale University, The nature of roughness in mathematics, science, and art.
- Yuval Peres, University of California, Berkeley, Hex, Random Turn Games, and the Infinity Laplacian.