|Preface||Preview Material||Table of Contents||Index||Supplementary Material|| || |
CRM Monograph Series
2012; 140 pp; hardcover
List Price: US$59
Member Price: US$47.20
Order Code: CRMM/30
Potential Theory and Dynamics on the Berkovich Projective Line - Matthew Baker and Robert Rumely
This monograph studies moduli problems associated to algebraic dynamical systems. It is an expanded version of the notes for a series of lectures delivered at a workshop on Moduli Spaces and the Arithmetic of Dynamical Systems at the Bellairs Research Institute, Barbados, in 2010.
The author's goal is to provide an overview, with enough details and pointers to the existing literature, to give the reader an entry into this exciting area of current research. Topics covered include:
(1) Construction and properties of dynamical moduli spaces for self-maps of projective space.
(2) Dynatomic modular curves for the space of quadratic polynomials.
(3) The theory of canonical heights associated to dynamical systems.
(4) Special loci in dynamical moduli spaces, in particular the locus of post-critically finite maps.
(5) Field of moduli and fields of definition for dynamical systems.
Titles in this series are co-published with the Centre de Recherches Mathématiques.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in dynamical systems, number theory, and algebraic geometry.
AMS Home |
© Copyright 2012, American Mathematical Society