| | Contemporary Mathematics
1996; 210 pp; softcover
ISBN-13: 978-0-8218-0511-4 List Price: US$60
Member Price: US$48
Order Code: CONM/199
This book contains proceedings of the research conference on algebraic \(K\)-theory that took place in Poznań, Poland, in September 1995. The conference concluded the activity of the algebraic \(K\)-theory seminar held at the Adam Mickiewicz University in the academic year 1994-1995. Talks at the conference covered a wide range of current research activities in algebraic \(K\)-theory. In particular, the following topics were covered:
- \(K\)-theory of fields and rings of integers.
- \(K\)-theory of elliptic and modular curves.
- Theory of motives, motivic cohomology, Beilinson conjectures.
- Algebraic \(K\)-theory of topological spaces, topological Hochschild homology and cyclic homology.
With contributions by some leading experts in the field, this book provides a look at the state of current research in algebraic \(K\)-theory.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in algebraic geometry, topology, and number theory.
Table of Contents
- D. Arlettaz -- A topological proof of the vanishing of the product of \(K_3(\mathbb Z)\) with \(K_1(\mathbb Z)\)
- G. Banaszak and W. Gajda -- On the arithmetic of cyclotomic fields and the \(K\)-theory of \(\mathbb Q\)
- S. Betley -- On stable \(K\)-theory with twisted coefficients
- S. Bloch -- The Postnikov tower in algebraic \(K\)-theory
- D. Burghelea -- Free loop spaces, power maps and \(K\)-theory
- A. Dąabrowski -- On the symmetric power of an elliptic curve
- H. Gangl -- Families of functional equations for polylogarithms
- C. H. Giffen -- Bott periodicity and the \(Q\)-construction
- J. F. Jardine -- Descent problems for \(K\)-theory of fields of Galois cohomological dimension one
- B. Köck -- On Adams operations on the higher \(K\)-theory group rings
- A. Nenashev -- Double short exact sequences produce all elements of Quillen's \(K_1\)
- R. Schwänzl, R. Staffeldt, and F. Waldhausen -- Stable \(K\)-theory and topological Hochschild homology of \(A_\infty\) rings
- C. Sherman -- Connecting homomorphisms in localization sequences
- M. Szyjewski -- On the Witt ring of a Grassmann variety