| | DIMACS: Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
2003; 299 pp; hardcover
ISBN-13: 978-0-8218-3407-7 List Price: US$105
Member Price: US$84
Order Code: DIMACS/62
This volume is a collection of papers from the DIMACS Workshop on Signal Processing for Wireless Transmission. The workshop brought together theoreticians and practitioners working on wireless communications, information, and coding theory from a variety of perspectives. The main topics discussed in the book are capacity of multiantenna channels, vector broadcast channels and "dirty-paper" coding, signal processing, and ad hoc networking in wideband channels. These are all major themes in current research in physical-layer design for wireless communication.
The book is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in mathematical problems of communication theory.
Co-published with the Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science beginning with Volume 8. Volumes 1-7 were co-published with the Association for Computer Machinery (ACM).
Graduate students and researchers interested in mathematical problems of communication theory.
Table of Contents Capacity of multiantenna channels
Capacity of broadcast channels and dirty-paper coding
- H. Xu, D. Chizhik, H. Huang, and R. Valenzuela -- Broadband MIMO channel model for realistic capacity and system performance evaluations
- A. M. Tulino, A. Lozano, and S. Verdú -- Bandwidth-power tradeoff of multi-antenna systems in the low-power regime
- A. L. Moustakas, S. H. Simon, and A. M. Sengupta -- Distribution of MIMO capacity in the presence of correlated signals and interferers: A (not so) large N analysis
- S. H. Simon and A. L. Moustakas -- Optimality of beamforming in multiple transmitter multiple receiver communication systems with partial channel knowledge
Signal processing for multiantenna channels
- N. Jindal, S. Vishwanath, S. Jafar, and A. Goldsmith -- Duality, dirty paper coding, and capacity for multiuser wireless channels
- D. Tse and P. Viswanath -- On the capacity of the multiple antenna broadcast channel
- S. Vishwanath, G. Kramer, S. Shamai (Shitz), S. Jafar, and A. Goldsmith -- Capacity bounds for Gaussian vector broadcast channels
- G. Caire and S. Shamai (Shitz) -- Writing on dirty tape with LDPC codes
- G. J. Foschini and A. H. Diaz -- Dirty paper coding: Perturbing off the infinite dimensional lattice limit
- B. Hassibi and H. Vikalo -- Maximum-likelihood decoding and integer least-squares: The expected complexity
- D. Chizhik -- Slowing the time-fluctuating MIMO channel
- G. J. Foschini and M. Sellathurai -- A spacetime architectural superstructure enabling efficient multiple antenna communication
- E. Biglieri, A. Nordio, and G. Taricco -- Space-time coding with iterative receiver interfaces
- S. N. Diggavi, N. Al-Dhahir, and A. R. Calderbank -- Diversity order of space-time block codes in inter-symbol interference multiple-access channels
- D. Samardzija and N. Mandayam -- Pilot assisted estimation of MIMO fading channel response and achievable data rates
- Y. Souilmi and R. Knopp -- Challenges in UWB signaling for adhoc networking
- I. Maric and R. Yates -- Efficient multihop broadcast for wideband systems